Development discussion of WireGuard
* [wireguard-apple] Siri Shortcuts/Intents integration
@ 2022-01-16  0:11 Alessio Nossa
From: Alessio Nossa @ 2022-01-16  0:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

Hello
In the last month I worked on the implementation of Siri
Shortcuts/Intents integration for the WireGuard app (at the moment,
only on iOS), to automate some tasks like connecting a
tunnel, getting tunnel peers, and updating configuration at runtime. I
saw that this feature was on your TODO List too [1].

My idea is to have an interface to manage connections, to make up for
the absence of wgctrl-go [2] on iOS. I need this to dynamically update
endpoints at runtime for NAT Traversal purposes [3]; specifically, I
need peers' public keys and a way to set endpoints at runtime [4].

There are some issues due to an Apple's bug [5] that doesn't allow an
extension to update the configuration owned by its parent app. As a
workaround the update configuration action will launch the main app.

As this is my first time contributing to wireguard-apple, if you have
any advice, I'm here to hear from you.
As suggested in macOS and iOS TODO list, I’d like to have push access
to the repository (or any other way I can submit it) to contribute
with my work (I already sent an email to team at wireguard.com, but
received no response).

Kind regards,

[1] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BnzImOF8CkungFnuRlWhnEpY2OmEHSckat62aZ6LYGY
[2] https://github.com/WireGuard/wgctrl-go
[3] https://www.jordanwhited.com/posts/wireguard-endpoint-discovery-nat-traversal/
[4] https://github.com/jwhited/wgsd/blob/master/cmd/wgsd-client/main.go
[5] https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/96020

only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-01-16 21:15 UTC | newest]