Development discussion of WireGuard
* Using Wireguard for Geo redundancy
@ 2020-11-03 19:05 dxiri
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: dxiri @ 2020-11-03 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

I am looking for information on how to leverage Wireguard in a geo-redundancy scenario.

We have a couple management boxes colocated next to each other that provide HA via a VIP that "jumps" between each of those management boxes depending on availability.

Now lets say we want to place management box on datacenter 1 (DC1) and management box 2 on datacenter2 (DC2).

Assuming the VIP cannot move between DCs, how could you leverage Wireguard to provide the same level of redundancy but with geographically dispersed hosts?

Any information on this topic or documentation that points me in the right direction would be really appreciated!

Thanks!
Diego