Development discussion of WireGuard
* Encapsulation support in wireguard-go
@ 2023-01-31 18:20 Berkant İpek
From: Berkant İpek @ 2023-01-31 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

Hi,

Does wireguard-go provide any facility in order to encapsulate and
decapsulate WireGuard packets as they leave for and arrive from the
remote peer? Or, am I just better off to use kernel implementation
with a TUN device to handle en- and decapsulation and relaying?

Cheers.

* Re: Encapsulation support in wireguard-go
@ 2023-02-07  8:30 ` Janne Johansson
From: Janne Johansson @ 2023-02-07  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Berkant İpek; +Cc: wireguard

Den tis 7 feb. 2023 kl 05:38 skrev Berkant İpek <berkant.ipek@gmail.com>:
> Does wireguard-go provide any facility in order to encapsulate and
> decapsulate WireGuard packets as they leave for and arrive from the
> remote peer? Or, am I just better off to use kernel implementation
> with a TUN device to handle en- and decapsulation and relaying?

I think this is what you might be looking for,

https://github.com/WireGuard/wireguard-go/tree/master/tun/netstack/examples

which has the complete endpoint in the server (and client) so that the
respective programs only need to be able to send/receive UDP packets
and will build themselves a wg tunnel and talk http inside it.