Development discussion of WireGuard
* VPN Client don't not disconnect while server is offline
@ 2023-01-25 16:13 Andy Xheli
From: Andy Xheli @ 2023-01-25 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

Hi All,

So I noticed that when I bring down the WireGuard server all the
clients still show as connected\active. I noticed it because I brought
the server down and I was not able to get out to the internet. I'm
doing a split tunnel. I only route my internal network via wireguard
and I have set it to use the dns server on my internal network. Looks
like it is still trying to use the DNS server via vpn client even if
the server is off. I think there should be a better way to handle the
connections if the server is offline. The client should not show
connected\active or try not to use dns via wiregaurd if the server is
offline.

What do you all think?

only message in thread, other threads:[~2023-02-07  4:33 UTC | newest]