I have a network with several machines in it all running Wireguard. The latest device I've added to this assemblage is a virtual machine provisioned under OpenStack. It has 4 ThunderX cores (2 Ghz armv8) subdivided off of 96-core machine. What I notice is slow network performance through the Wireguard interface - 200 ms round trip VPN ping times to a machine in the same data center, compared to 1 ms when I don't go through the VPN, and only 45 ms when I use a different machine in the same data center to an even slower Raspberry Pi 2 in my attic. I don't claim to be an OpenStack expert, and I know there is some considerable complexity hiding in its network stack that might not be visible within the VM that I'm running. I guess the question is, what's the best way to start to make sense of network performance within Wireguard (and if anyone knows the answer, also within OpenStack?!). thanks Ed -- Edward Vielmetti +1 734 330 2465 edward.vielmetti@gmail.com