Development discussion of WireGuard
* [Low priority feature request] Color output of `wg show`
@ 2017-01-27 17:01 Dan Lüdtke
From: Dan Lüdtke @ 2017-01-27 17:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Jason,

here is what I observed when combining `wg` with `watch` regarding =
colored output. Not sure if this is a wg-issue at all.

# wg show
[colored output] expected

# watch wg show
[no colored output] expected, but not cool :)

# watch --color wg show
[no colored output] expected, but not cool :)

However, it seems that `watch --color` alone does not make colored =
output, but the "watched" application needs to be forced to output color =
codes.

# ls
[colored output] expected

# watch --color ls
[no colored output] expected, but not cool :)

# watch --color ls --color
[colored output] expected

Which leads to this: May I request this very non-functional and =
eye-candy only feature of `wg --color`? With lowest priority, of course =
:)
Or maybe a hint were to look at and I'll implement it myself.

Cheers,

Dan=

* Re: [Low priority feature request] Color output of `wg show`
@ 2017-01-27 17:22 ` Dan Lüdtke
From: Dan Lüdtke @ 2017-01-27 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

>=20
> On 27 Jan 2017, at 18:07, Jason A. Donenfeld <Jason@zx2c4.com> wrote:
>=20
> This is controlled by an env var, which is auto by default. Grep the =
wg man page for COLOR.

For the record, this does the trick:

watch --color WG_COLOR_MODE=3Dalways wg show

Cheers,

Dan=