Development discussion of WireGuard
From: "Ivan Labáth" <labawi-wg@matrix-dream.net>
To: lejeczek <peljasz@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Re: wgX iface as slave to a bridge - Linux
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2021 19:49:00 +0000	[thread overview]

Normally, you would use routing (L3) instead of bridging (L2).
Conceptually, the connectivity should work about the same,
as long as you configure your routes and enable forwarding.
Routes need to be configured on the host, not container-only,
but if assign a subnet to a bridge, devices can use addresses
from it without intervention on the host.

If you want roaming addresses, you could do live route
updates on your wireguard links and host routing table
for a native L3 solution. For a pre-existing automated
solution, you can use a some kind of routing service,
usually with multiple additional layers of encapsulation,
as others have mentioned.

Regards,
ivan