Development discussion of WireGuard
* VXLAN
@ 2017-02-12 21:07 info
From: info @ 2017-02-12 21:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

Hello,
I would love to use VXLANs for my network to separate stuff, although I'm a bit struggling. My topology looks like this:
VM A --> AMSTERDAM -> FRANKFURT -> VIENNA --> VM B
'->' indicates a Wireguard tunnel'-->' is a physical link
Actually I'm configuring a VXLAN Interface in AMSTERDAM and VIENNA, with the tunnel IPs as remote/local.
Anyway, somehow I'm facing a strange issue here. VM A and VM B can ping each other already, although nothing else works. I cannot do curl/wget between the VMs nor iperf, etc.
Do you know if my topology above should work? VM A can reach VM B without VXLAN just fine over the other hops, as well AMSTERDAM and VIENNA can reach each other fully.
No firewall enabled nor anything else. Allowed-IPs is 0.0.0.0/0,::/0 on all tunnels.
My guess was that this is somewhat MTU related, tried 1200 on the VXLAN interfaces - no difference.

* Re: VXLAN
@ 2017-02-13 10:43 ` Jason A. Donenfeld
From: Jason A. Donenfeld @ 2017-02-13 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hey Florian,

Indeed that's strange, and MTU would be my first guess too, though
fragmentation should be working anyway so perhaps it's not that. You
can try this out by using the -s param to ping to test out the maximum
packet size.

If I understand correctly, you're putting VXLAN _on top of_ WireGuard?

Can you send tcpdump pcaps?

Jason

* Re: VXLAN
@ 2017-02-16 18:05 ` jens