Development discussion of WireGuard
* Re: How to generate the QR Code
       [not found] <CAC9cSOATKiXuaFO8UQZezP7RLebBoo-UWwM-KQJMEwhg_-+VTw@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2022-06-03 18:40 ` Saint Michael
From: Saint Michael @ 2022-06-03 18:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

Dear friends
I have a Mikrotikotic router and configured all that is necessary for
the VPN.  I also configured a windows client for testing. Once it
worked, I downloaded the Wireguard app from the Google Play Store. The
question is, how can I generate the QR Code so all my employees can
use it on their phones?
I could not find the answer.

Philip

* Re: How to generate the QR Code
@ 2022-06-14  9:51   ` Endre Szabo
From: Endre Szabo @ 2022-06-14  9:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

Hi Philip,

While it is not complicated, it is not that simple to generate the QR codes just based on the Mikrotik configs. QR codes are basically encoded config files for the clients. And the added complexity is that they have the private key in them as well, which I'm sure you have on file somewere, as you had to give Mikrotik the public counterpart of that keypair.

What I really miss of the QR code config file is a 'metadata' field that should function as a 'connection name suggestion' the user can accept (or edit as prefilled connetction name field) upon QR code reading. This would be really handly in case of a lot of connections to add to a phone.

--Endre