Development discussion of WireGuard
* dns wireguard
@ 2020-12-03 16:25 Esteban
From: Esteban @ 2020-12-03 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

Hello, I take the liberty to contact you, I have a huge bug, and it's
not me who is at fault, I prefer to specify it, some friends have
exactly the same bug as me.
I like wireguard because it's very easy to connect on several tunnels
simultaneously but when, (I'll schematize)
I have two wireguard customers
In the configuration of the wireguard A server I will have in DNS
172.16.150.1

And in the configuration of the wireguard server B I will have in DNS
172.16.155.1

I start by connecting to the first client, the wireguard A server.
I manage to ping the DNS of this server A.

I keep the connection from server A and connect to server B.
I can ping the DNS of server A but not the DNS of server B.

And if I reverse the connection priorities, so I start by connecting to
the client of the wireguard server B, I can ping the dns server of this
server B.
And I keep this connection and when I connect to the client of wireguard
server A, I can continue to ping the DNS of server B, but I cannot ping
the DNS of server A.

  To conclude, simultaneous wireguard connections work at the ip level.
But when two wireguard configurations are up, I can ping the dns of the
first wireguard I connected but not the second.

When I talk about dns, it's the DNS =
In the wireguard customer files. Two wireguard up configuration with DNS
Only one DNS is taken into account, the first wireguard I connected to.
And the dns of the second wireguard I connect to does not ping.

(Problem on gnu/linux, I don't know about windows)

Best regards.