Development discussion of WireGuard
* WireGuard Windows should have default MTU of 1280.
@ 2022-02-19  1:23 Rujbin
From: Rujbin @ 2022-02-19  1:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

Hello,

i am just confused. When i use default MTU the Performance on Windows is VERY poor. It is almost unuseable. It happens on multiple Windows devices. I started using MTU 1280 for a while, but why is it only Windows with that issue? First, the speed is limited to 100mbps maximum. Thats weird, when i use MTU 1280 i have 1gbps. https://i.imgur.com/ELGOWDQ.png

This bug exists for a long time to me. I ran Wireguard on almost every provider, (i didnt check if it happens on Azure) but this bug exists on Hetzner, DigitalOcean, OVH. This is not normal. I am running the latest stable version of Wireguard Windows. Kernel module on servers and BoringTun.