Development discussion of WireGuard
* 34C3 - WireGuard Workshop?
@ 2017-12-18 18:52 Jason A. Donenfeld
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Jason A. Donenfeld @ 2017-12-18 18:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hey guys,

I'll be at 34C3. Is there any interest in having some sort of
WireGuard workshop? Are there things to talk about it? Would this be
fun or interesting? How many people would be interested in such a
thing?

Jason

PS: still trying to work out hotel arrangements, if anybody knows any
Leipzig tricks.

* Re: 34C3 - WireGuard Workshop?
@ 2017-12-18 19:45 ` Georg Faerber
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Georg Faerber @ 2017-12-18 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

Hi Jason, all,

On 17-12-18 19:52:42, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
> I'll be at 34C3. Is there any interest in having some sort of
> WireGuard workshop? Are there things to talk about it? Would this be
> fun or interesting? How many people would be interested in such a
> thing?

I'm interested, even if I don't have any specific topic in my head
currently to speak about.

> PS: still trying to work out hotel arrangements, if anybody knows any
> Leipzig tricks.

Well, this will be tough, I guess. In case you don't find anything to
book, mail me, I might be able to organize a place to stay, but it'll be
only a place on the ground, with a sleeping mat / bag. Would you be able
to bring these? Would you be interested in this?

Cheers,
Georg

* Re: 34C3 - WireGuard Workshop?
@ 2017-12-18 20:56 ` Martin Schmiedecker
From: Martin Schmiedecker @ 2017-12-18 20:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

I'd be all in! Large setups would interest me, how to manage keys
efficiently and non-standard setups ...

Greetz, Martin

On 2017-12-18 19:52, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I'll be at 34C3. Is there any interest in having some sort of
> WireGuard workshop? Are there things to talk about it? Would this be
> fun or interesting? How many people would be interested in such a
> thing?
>
> Jason
>

> PS: still trying to work out hotel arrangements, if anybody knows any
> Leipzig tricks.

* Re: 34C3 - WireGuard Workshop?
@ 2017-12-20 16:11 ` Germano Massullo
From: Germano Massullo @ 2017-12-20 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

I am interested and I would participate in a WireGuard workshop

* Re: 34C3 - WireGuard Workshop?
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2017-12-20 16:40 ` Markus Lindenberg
From: Markus Lindenberg @ 2017-12-20 16:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

Hi Jason,

On Mon, Dec 18, 2017 at 07:52:42PM +0100, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:

> I'll be at 34C3. Is there any interest in having some sort of
> WireGuard workshop? Are there things to talk about it? Would this be
> fun or interesting? How many people would be interested in such a
> thing?

I (and I guess others in the Freifunk realm) would be interested in how
to use WireGuard for open mesh networks, there are some unique problems
here (like running l3 mesh routing or l2 mesh routing protocols inside l2
tunnels inside wireguard; multicast; provisioning tunnels when only one
party is trusted, ...). The interest in and visibility of Wireguard is
quite high in our community, although I'm not familiar with the latest
developments in the most used wifi mesh firmware (Gluon based on Lede),
but I guess Gluon/Lede devs will be present.

If you need a place for a workshop I'm sure you'd be welcome at the
workshop space or stage of the Open Infrastructure Orbit:

https://events.ccc.de/congress/2017/wiki/index.php/Cluster:Open_Infrastructure_Orbit

> PS: still trying to work out hotel arrangements, if anybody knows any
> Leipzig tricks.

Surplus hotel rooms are posted on this page:

https://events.ccc.de/congress/2017/wiki/index.php/HotelExchange