Development discussion of WireGuard
* Specifying the source port
@ 2017-05-04 18:21 Ryan Whelan
       [not found] ` <CAHmME9p0L8WjCvcrtk+8AeOxmnExSK5YhnCcNbYmxmp_Yc_ejg@mail.gmail.com>
From: Ryan Whelan @ 2017-05-04 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

Hello!

When specifying an endpoint, you have to tell wg which dst port the peer is
listening on- is it possible to tell wg which source port to send traffic
from?  I've looked over the documentation and if its in there, I managed to
miss it.

Thanks!

ryan

* Re: Specifying the source port
       [not found] ` <CAHmME9p0L8WjCvcrtk+8AeOxmnExSK5YhnCcNbYmxmp_Yc_ejg@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2017-05-04 18:35   ` Jason A. Donenfeld
From: Jason A. Donenfeld @ 2017-05-04 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

"ListenPort", " listen-port"

@ 2017-05-04 18:41     ` Ryan Whelan
From: Ryan Whelan @ 2017-05-04 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

If i'm not mistaken that sets the listing port on one end (Peer 'A') of the
connection.  Peer 'B' needs to know what the listening port is set to, to
be able to setup the handshake.  So from peer 'B's perspective, the dst
port is the "listen-port' on Peer 'A'.... How do I set the src port for
peer 'B' so all traffic from B will come from a predicable source port?

I'm sorry if i'm not being clear- I very well might not be using the right
terminology

ryan

@ 2017-05-04 18:43       ` Jason A. Donenfeld
From: Jason A. Donenfeld @ 2017-05-04 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

My answer remains correct. Use the listen port to control the source port.
If you don't believe me, try running tcpdump and you'll see.

@ 2017-05-04 18:45       ` Jonathon Fernyhough
From: Jonathon Fernyhough @ 2017-05-04 18:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

On 04/05/17 19:41, Ryan Whelan wrote:
> How do I set the src port for peer 'B' so all traffic from B will come from a predicable source port?

I don't think that's how network stacks work... ?

* Re: Specifying the source port
@ 2017-05-04 18:47         ` Ryan Whelan
       [not found]           ` <CAHmME9rSXyOPCO1GLhWKuXTZk+b8swNmEoHeYPosWJ5vt83pmg@mail.gmail.com>
From: Ryan Whelan @ 2017-05-04 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

I believe you- I didn't understand that it used the same port number for
both ingress and egress traffic.  I managed to miss that.

thank you much!

ryan

       [not found]               ` <CAHmME9r=jk7dgL5nn3HZ2bFFQe-3weLcExy8V_Bor70svSZsYA@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2017-05-04 18:54                 ` Jason A. Donenfeld