On 10/01/18 07:09, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote: > systemd-networkd is shipped (but by default disabled) in the systemd > package itself. > > At the moment, wireguard-dkms (the kernel module package) Recommends: > wireguard-tools (which supplies wg(8)), which i'd write as: > > 0) Recommends: wireguard-tools > > So i think we have several other choices: > > 1) Recommends: systemd | wireguard-tools > > 2) Recommends: wireguard-tools | systemd > > 3) Recommends: wireguard-tools, systemd > > 4) Recommends: wireguard-tools > Suggests: systemd > > > Of the above, i think i'll probably either stick with 0 or move to 4. Sticking with 0) makes most sense to me. Just because systemd (>= 23something) supports wireguard, if wireguard-dkms can't rely on the support being there then recommending its "own" tools is more reliable, and more portable. Alternatively, perhaps an "Enhances: systemd" ? e.g. wireguard-dkms doesn't _need_ systemd, doesn't work any _better_ with systemd, but definitely adds something _to_ systemd. J [1] https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/#binary-dependencies-depends-recommends-suggests-enhances-pre-depends