Miguel Ojeda wrote: > I think we can fix them as they come. If your change to a function breaks its callers, it's your job to fix the callers proactively instead of waiting for "as they come" bug reports. (Assuming, of course, that you know about the breakage. Which you do when you tell us that the bad pattern can simply be grepped for.) If nothing else, that's far more efficient than [number_of_callers] separate patches by other people who each need to find the offending change, figure out what to change and/or who to report the problem to, and so on until the fix lands in the kernel. Moreover, this wouldn't leave the kernel sources in a non-bisect-able state during that time. -- -- Matthias Urlichs