Development discussion of WireGuard
* Windows Client - issue with LimitedOperatorUI rights
@ 2021-07-13 14:59 Bruno UT1
From: Bruno UT1 @ 2021-07-13 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

Hi !

I install Wireguard Client on Windows 10 systems.

My users are not administrators, so the registry key LimitedOperatorUI
is set to 1.

My issue is that the client has to run at least once as administrator to
work for "Network Configuration Operators".

My script adds users to the administrative group, create the registry
key then installs Wireguard Client:

  - If i don't use the parameter |DO_NOT_LAUNCH, |I have a popup telling
me I need administrator rights. I don't want that popup, be everything
works after a reboot.

  - If I use the parameter |DO_NOT_LAUNCH,| ||I don't have the popup but
Wireguard don't start, even after a reboot. If I run Wireguard as
administrator, it's unlocked for other users.

  - A third possibility is to install the client after a reboot, so the
rights are good, |DO_NOT_LAUNCH |is not needed and no popup appears. But
I don't want to force that reboot (I use SCCM and it don't like reboots
before install is complete).

So I think there is a first start issue that needs administrator rights
even with LimitedOperatorUI  active.

Regards,

Bruno

ps: I send another message (06/28) for another issue. I received "Your
message to WireGuard awaits moderator approval" but message isn't posted
and i got no notification from the moderator. Am I doing something wrong ?

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-08-08 22:59 UTC | newest]