Development discussion of WireGuard
* Introduce Navigation component to Wireguard-Android
@ 2022-03-17 22:58 Lao Deng
From: Lao Deng @ 2022-03-17 22:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

I am going to add some un-related functions to Wireguard-Android . The final app. should look like the demo of com.google.android.material.bottomnavigation.BottomNavigationView ,
 which  consists of a  bottom navigation component and several  independent fragments( or activities ) .

I am wondering how to introduce this navigation component to the wireguard-android  project with the least modification :) Could you please shed some light on it ?
Thankyou for your attention :)

* Re: Introduce Navigation component to Wireguard-Android
@ 2022-03-24  6:06 ` Harsh Shandilya
From: Harsh Shandilya @ 2022-03-24  6:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lao Deng; +Cc: wireguard

Hi,

On 2022-03-17 22:58, Lao Deng wrote:
> I am going to add some un-related functions to Wireguard-Android . The
> final app. should look like the demo of
> com.google.android.material.bottomnavigation.BottomNavigationView ,
>  which  consists of a  bottom navigation component and several
> independent fragments( or activities ) .
>

> I am wondering how to introduce this navigation component to the
> wireguard-android  project with the least modification :) Could you
> please shed some light on it ?
> Thankyou for your attention :)

I'm a bit confused, is this change something you are proposing for the
upstream project or are you looking for assistance to implement this in
a fork?

I don't think we want a Bottom Navigation component in the app itself
since it adds no value to the app, the only new destination we could add
with it would be a quicker entry into settings which is not a
high-priority destination requiring such a prominent navigation action.

If you want to add it to a fork, the only real help I can provide is
that MainActivity inflates the main_activity.xml layout which in turn
handles inflating TunnelListFragment, so you'd want to make changes to
MainActivity and its layout for adding the component.

--
Harsh Shandilya