Development discussion of WireGuard
From: Gianluca Gabrielli <tuxmealux@protonmail.com>
To: "wireguard@lists.zx2c4.com" <wireguard@lists.zx2c4.com>
Subject: TCP Wireguard with socat
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2018 11:41:45 -0500	[thread overview]

Hi everybody,

I'm an happy wireguard user since a while, but at that time I need to link =
two peers and I can only use TCP. I know that there are thousand of other t=
ools I can use, but I'd like to do it using wireguard.
My first thought has been to make use of socat, since some newest version a=
 new address type called INTERFACE has been added (http://www.dest-unreach.=
org/socat/doc/socat.html#ADDRESS_TYPES), so I tried to use it but I've not =
been able to make it works.
This is why I'm here asking your feedbacks, or to collect other ideas to le=
t wireguard works through a TCP tunnel.

I wrote all the notes about the tests I made on a pdf, I know that this is =
not the good way to share with you my results, and I should write it here o=
nce again in plaintext. But for me it will would turn on a waste of time do=
 it again, and it also would be less comprehensible.
I uploaded the pdf online instead to attach it to this email hence nobody n=
eeds to open it on his personal laptop, but it can be viewed via any browse=
r. I personally hate open unknown file on my computer. The pdf can be viewe=
d from the following link:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=3D1KrLvU1D0K4YpRHi-jsIjbExh0lFTRQks

I will really appreciate any constructive feedback or suggestion on how to =
easily use wireguard with TCP.

Thanks,
Gianluca