zsh-announce
* zsh FAQ postings
@ 1998-12-01 12:06 Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 1998-12-01 12:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh announcements list

This is the result of my enquiry about whether to change the monthly
zsh FAQ posting to zsh-announce so as just to show a brief summary and
differences.

1. There was not much opposition, so I will do this from next month.

2. Including changed items in full was popular, so that will happen
too.  This will allow you to reconstruct the full file, if you have a
mind to.

3. A couple of people were worried that they had difficulty with
anything beyond email.  The main FAQ server, rtfm.mit.edu, provides a
mail server; send a message containing, in the body,

send faqs/unix-faq/shell/zsh

to mail-server@rtfm.mit.edu .  This is usually updated within a couple
of days of the new FAQ being posted.  At the moment it is not
up-to-date because I have to wait for approval for header changes (the
account from which I posted to USENET has disappeared, and I'd like
finally to insert the word `zsh' into the subject line), but that is a
one-off.

4. Anyone still requiring a complete copy every month can send me a
message and I will add them to a list of addresses (it would be easy
to send, say, a gzip'd and uuencoded file if anyone wants that, too).
If this is a large number, we can make a separate mailing list, but I
expect that will be unnecessary.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@ibmth.df.unipi.it>       Tel: +39 050 844536
WWW:  http://www.ifh.de/~pws/

only message in thread, other threads:[~1998-12-01 12:48 UTC | newest]