zsh-users
* zsh script and SIGCONT
@ 1999-12-12 10:10 Danny Dulai
From: Danny Dulai @ 1999-12-12 10:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

put the following into a file and run it "zsh scriptname"

while :; do
   echo helu
   sleep 1
done

run that script, hit ^Z, and then put into foreground again.. why does it
exit the while loop (thus causing the script to exit)?

This works fine in bash:

(~) % bash p
helu
helu

zsh: 28123 suspended  bash p
(~) % fg
[3]    continued  bash p
helu
helu

but in zsh:

(~) % zsh p
helu
helu

zsh: 28129 suspended  zsh p
(~) % fg
[3]    continued  zsh p
(~) % echo $?
0

Danny Dulai                                           Feet. Pumice. Lotion.
http://www.ishiboo.com/~nirva/                            nirva@ishiboo.com

* Re: zsh script and SIGCONT
@ 1999-12-12 10:12 ` Danny Dulai
From: Danny Dulai @ 1999-12-12 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Danny Dulai, zsh-users

On 12/12/99, Danny Dulai said:
>put the following into a file and run it "zsh scriptname"
>
>while :; do=20
>   echo helu
>   sleep 1
>done
>

>run that script, hit ^Z, and then put into foreground again.. why does it
>exit the while loop (thus causing the script to exit)?

whoops.. forgot to mention that I'm runnign zsh 3.1.6.. it works fine in
zsh 3.1.5.

@ 1999-12-12 10:51   ` Andrej Borsenkow
From: Andrej Borsenkow @ 1999-12-12 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Danny Dulai, zsh-users

> whoops.. forgot to mention that I'm runnign zsh 3.1.6.. it works fine in
> zsh 3.1.5.

It works in zsh-3.1.6-pws-11 as well that is the latest development version.
http://www.pwstephenson.fsnet.co.uk/zsh-3.1.6-pws-11.tar.gz

/andrej

* RE: zsh script and SIGCONT
@ 1999-12-12 11:50     ` Danny Dulai
From: Danny Dulai @ 1999-12-12 11:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrej Borsenkow, Danny Dulai, zsh-users

On 12/12/99, Andrej Borsenkow said:

>> whoops.. forgot to mention that I'm runnign zsh 3.1.6.. it works fine in
>> zsh 3.1.5.
>
>It works in zsh-3.1.6-pws-11 as well that is the latest development version.
>http://www.pwstephenson.fsnet.co.uk/zsh-3.1.6-pws-11.tar.gz

doesnt seem fixed to me :(

(~) % exec zsh
(~) % echo $ZSH_VERSION
3.1.6-pws-11
(~) % cat p2
while :; do
    echo helu;
    sleep 1
done
(~) % zsh p2
helu
helu

zsh: 5896 suspended  zsh p2
(~) % bg
[1]  + continued  zsh p2
(~) %
[1]  + 5896 done       zsh p2
(~) % zsh p2
helu
helu

zsh: 5902 suspended  zsh p2
(~) % bg
[1]  + continued  zsh p2
(~) %
[1]  + 5902 done       zsh p2
(~) % bash p2
helu
helu

zsh: 5908 suspended  bash p2
(~) % fg
[1]  + continued  bash p2
helu
helu

@ 1999-12-12 12:03       ` Andrej Borsenkow
From: Andrej Borsenkow @ 1999-12-12 12:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Danny Dulai, zsh-users

> >It works in zsh-3.1.6-pws-11 as well that is the latest development version.
> >http://www.pwstephenson.fsnet.co.uk/zsh-3.1.6-pws-11.tar.gz
>
> doesnt seem fixed to me :(

Sorry, I tried it in a current shell. You are right, as a shell script it does
not work.

/andrej