I successfully installed GNU gawk and sed but get the same errors on compile of zsh 4.0.4 using gcc 3.0.3 I was able to compile zsh 4.0.4 using gcc 2.9.5.2, is there any thing unique about 3.0.3 that would cause the problem although gawk and sed compiled OK with gcc 3.0.3 I am also able to successfully compile zsh 3.1.9 using gcc 3.0.3 I have attached the configure and make output text for both versions which might give some one a clue. Thanks for you help Ken > -----Original Message----- > From: lantern@brasslantern.com [mailto:lantern@brasslantern.com]On > Behalf Of Bart Schaefer > Sent: Wednesday, 13 February 2002 9:47 am > To: Ken Moorley > Subject: RE: Help with compile problem > > > On Wed, 13 Feb 2002, Ken Moorley wrote: > > > Tried from scratch, tried make distclean all with the same result! > > What we (please send to zsh-workers@sunsite.dk, not just to me; I don't > have a SCO system but someone else might) need to see is the "make" output > from that clean build. Some things were obviously not getting rebuilt > before, but it's hard to tell why during what may be an incremental > compilation. > > A possible cause of the problem is that configure is finding nawk as the > awk-equivalent on your system; it might be mishandling the awk scripts > that are used to construct some of the Makefiles. It'd be best if you > could get GNU awk (or make sure it's first in your $PATH if you already > have it). > > It's also possible that your sed is not working the way the zsh Makefiles > expect. >