zsh-users
* quickesy way to zero HUGe log files
@ 2006-10-09  7:28 zzapper
From: zzapper @ 2006-10-09  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hi
May be O/T what would be the quickest way to zero my huge "in use" Apache
log files?. I usually vim them, but they've got so huge that that's a pain

--
http://successtheory.com/tips/ Vim, Zsh, MySQL Tips

* Re: quickesy way to zero HUGe log files
@ 2006-10-09  7:39 ` Stanislaw Halik
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Stanislaw Halik @ 2006-10-09  7:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

On Mon, Oct 09, 2006, zzapper wrote:
> May be O/T what would be the quickest way to zero my huge "in use" Apache
> log files?. I usually vim them, but they've got so huge that that's a pain

Truncate them to 0 bytes? ": > /log/file" will do.

* Re: quickesy way to zero HUGe log files
@ 2006-10-09 12:53   ` zzapper
From: zzapper @ 2006-10-09 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Stanislaw Halik <sthalik@tehran.lain.pl> wrote in

> On Mon, Oct 09, 2006, zzapper wrote:
>> May be O/T what would be the quickest way to zero my huge "in use"
>> Apache log files?. I usually vim them, but they've got so huge that
>> that's a pain
>
> Truncate them to 0 bytes? ": > /log/file" will do.

Thanx JWTDO

--

@ 2006-10-09 16:13   ` Dominic Mitchell
From: Dominic Mitchell @ 2006-10-09 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

On Mon, Oct 09, 2006 at 09:39:41AM +0200, Stanislaw Halik wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 09, 2006, zzapper wrote:
> > May be O/T what would be the quickest way to zero my huge "in use" Apache
> > log files?. I usually vim them, but they've got so huge that that's a pain
>
> Truncate them to 0 bytes? ": > /log/file" will do.

"cp /dev/null /log/file" is another way.  The only reason I mention it
is that I find it easier in combination with sudo.

-Dom

* Re: quickesy way to zero HUGe log files
@ 2006-10-09 16:42   ` Brian K. White
From: Brian K. White @ 2006-10-09 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users