zsh-users
* highlight text selection
@ 2008-05-03 12:43 Giulio Bottazzi
From: Giulio Bottazzi @ 2008-05-03 12:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hi all,
maybe this is a very simple question but I did not find an answer in
the zsh manual. How can I have the next I select in the command line
highlighted? I mean, inside an xterm if I select the text with the
mouse of course my selection is highlighted, but if I select it using
the zsh line editor (I use emacs style key binding) the selection is
not marked in any way. Any help?

Thanks in advance,
Giulio.

--
Giulio Bottazzi <giulio.bottazzi@gmail.com>
http://giulio.bottazzi.googlepages.com

* Re: highlight text selection
@ 2008-05-04  0:01 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2008-05-04  0:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

On May 3,  2:43pm, Giulio Bottazzi wrote:
}
} How can I have the [t]ext I select in the command line highlighted?

As this feature only became supported in about the last two weeks, the
answer is something along the lines of "download zsh from SourceForge
and build the latest version yourself."

(In other words, there's a reason it's not mentioned in your manual.)

* Re: highlight text selection
@ 2008-05-04 20:48   ` Giulio Bottazzi
From: Giulio Bottazzi @ 2008-05-04 20:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bart Schaefer; +Cc: zsh-users

great! I'm looking forward to see the newest version in the repository
of my Linux distro. thanks a lot for the fast reply.

Giulio.