On 2023-01-31 10:10, Roman Perepelitsa wrote: > print -r -- ${(j.|.)@} > Ah!  I tried printing everything but that -- the obvious thing. Ok, so the multiple args are converted to one string with bars between and somehow that ends up as an array of space-separated args in '@'.  I think I'm missing something important, I can't recall any such thing with bars like that.  zsh knows that the pattern expands to parameters too, I'm ... I guess the pattern isn't expanded until we know were within the $parameters ... yeah, so that's fine.  But I'd better get this 'bars' thing straight.