On 2/25/23 12:20 PM, Grant Taylor wrote: > The magic-abbrev-expand() function seems to be more complex than I > remember.  But perhaps I'm mis-remembering and / or this version is more > robust than what I was using. I wanted to provide some follow up on some minor tweaks that I've made to be compatible with an older version of Zsh; 4.3.10. I have changed the following: typeset -gA abbreviations=( 'sclient' 'openssl s_client' ) To be: typeset -gA abbreviations typeset abbreviations=( 'sclient' 'openssl s_client' ) I have also remarked the following: emulate -L zsh -o extended_glob I am indeed getting the desired functionality, even on older versions of Zsh. Thank you again Roman for pointing to the documentation and for the solution. -- Grant. . . . unix || die