On 2024-01-18 08:20, Mark J. Reed wrote: > > Even if it were changed such that it started to do so as of 6.0 or > whatever, you'd still have to write code to check the version I'm not qualified to disagree with that, still I'm curious: if the arrays were sorted (alphabetical is perhaps 'obvious') what could that ever break?  Since the order now is indeterminate, who/what would ever actually rely on that?  As if the order were depended on to be random.  Really?  So if they were sorted, who would know or care *unless* the decided to take advantage of it? Seems to me to be the sort of thing that can't possibly have any gotchas.