zsh-users
* [zsh 4.0.2 bug] named directory ~out disappears
@ 2001-07-11 21:55 Vincent Lefevre
From: Vincent Lefevre @ 2001-07-11 21:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

This bug is still present in zsh 4.0.2: After completing pids, the named
directory ~out disappears. Shouldn't it be mentionned in Etc/BUGS?

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/> - 100%
validated HTML - Acorn Risc PC, Yellow Pig 17, Championnat International des

* Re: [zsh 4.0.2 bug] named directory ~out disappears
@ 2001-07-12  7:14 ` Sven Wischnowsky
From: Sven Wischnowsky @ 2001-07-12  7:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Vincent Lefevre wrote:

> This bug is still present in zsh 4.0.2: After completing pids, the named
> directory ~out disappears. Shouldn't it be mentionned in Etc/BUGS?

Argh.  I had forgotten about this.  We had a *very* short `discussion'
about it on the workers list (messages 13891 and 13901) with Bart and me
making suggestions and then (seemingly) deciding that we don't know the
best way to handle this.

Hm.

Bye
  Sven

* Re: [zsh 4.0.2 bug] named directory ~out disappears
@ 2001-07-12  8:33   ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2001-07-12  8:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sven Wischnowsky, zsh-users

On Jul 12,  9:14am, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
}
} (seemingly) deciding that we don't know the best way to handle this.

I have one more suggestion:  Create a linked list of nameddir entries
to restore, the same way we have a linked list of parameters to restore.
Then `local' can be extended to look up any nameddir with the same name
as the parameter being localized, and put that on the nameddir-restore
list.  Restore those saved nameddirs in endparamscope().