zsh-users
* This qconfirm thing
@ 2003-07-06 21:20 Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2003-07-06 21:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

So I've just had to confirm both of my last two postings to zsh-workers,
possibly because I'm only subscribed to zsh-users.  (This message is in
part being sent to find out if I'm going to have to start confirming all
my zsh-users postings as well.)

I thought someone had asserted that confirmations would only need to be
done once?

* Re: This qconfirm thing
@ 2003-07-07  6:39 ` Claus Alboege
From: Claus Alboege @ 2003-07-07  6:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bart Schaefer; +Cc: zsh-users, zsh-workers, staff

Bart Schaefer <schaefer@brasslantern.com> writes:

> So I've just had to confirm both of my last two postings to zsh-workers,
> possibly because I'm only subscribed to zsh-users.  (This message is in
> part being sent to find out if I'm going to have to start confirming all
> my zsh-users postings as well.)
>
> I thought someone had asserted that confirmations would only need to be
> done once?

qconfirm is now put in sender-mode instead of message-mode. This means,
that you only have to confirm the very first message sendt to a list, to
which you are not subscribed.

/Claus A
SunSITE Staff

* Re: This qconfirm thing
@ 2003-07-07 16:43   ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2003-07-07 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

On Jul 7,  8:39am, Claus Alboege wrote:
} Subject: Re: This qconfirm thing
}
} Bart Schaefer <schaefer@brasslantern.com> writes:
}
} > So I've just had to confirm both of my last two postings to zsh-workers,
} > possibly because I'm only subscribed to zsh-users.
}
} qconfirm is now put in sender-mode instead of message-mode. This means,
} that you only have to confirm the very first message sendt to a list, to
} which you are not subscribed.

Thanks.

It appears that qconfirm is checking/replying to the envelope sender rather
than the From: address sender.  "brasslantern.com" is a virtual domain and
exists only as an HTTP redirect and an MX host, so although I'm subscribed
at that domain my mail always originates from another SMTP host.

So this message will serve as my one-time confirm for zsh-users, and then
all will presumably be well, at least until my SMTP host changes again ...