zsh-users
* Is this an orthodox use of zstyle?
@ 2003-10-14 16:00 DervishD
From: DervishD @ 2003-10-14 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh Users

    Hi all :)

    I think I can use styles to carry state information from one
widget execution to another, so the widget will behave differently
depending on the result of past executions, but: is this an orthodox
use of styles or is it more like using mozilla for opening my
/etc/hostname just because I can do it?

    I know that I can do this with an environment variable, but since
the state information can be a bit complex I will need an array, or
maybe a couple for separating information, or even an associative
one, and I think that the contexts and styles are very useful here.

    Just guessing if I'm trying to kill flies using a bazooka...
(sorry, can't find a better translation of this spanish expression...)

    Thanks a lot in advance :)

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

--
Linux Registered User 88736