zsh-users
* Adding nocorrect to a preexec function
@ 2006-01-17 23:11 Eric Smith
From: Eric Smith @ 2006-01-17 23:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

I use the following function (which is probably more complex that
required) and wish to add nocorrect to it.  How would I do that
as in all the obvious (to me) places it does not seem to work.

function preexec {
local cmd
local application
cmd=(${(Q)${(z)3}})
    eval "function ${(q)cmd[1]} {
        unsetopt noglob
        cost ${(q)cmd[1]}" '$*
        unfunction' "${(q)cmd[1]}
    }"
setopt noglob
}

Thanks
--
Eric Smith

* Re: Adding nocorrect to a preexec function
@ 2006-01-18  2:24 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2006-01-18  2:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

On Jan 18, 12:11am, Eric Smith wrote:
}
} I use the following function (which is probably more complex that
} required)

Having stared at this for a few minutes without figuring out what the
heck it's supposed to do, I can't say whether it's more complex than
required or not.  Have you noticed what happens when you type a command
with any of the separators ; & | && || in it?  Not to mention things
like loop constructs.

What is "cost"?

} and wish to add nocorrect to it.

I understand all those words, but they convey to me nothing about the
desired final result ...

However, at a guess, your problem is that correction takes place before
preexec is ever called, so nothing you can do inside it will help.