zsh-users
* ksh-style vi mode niggle
@ 2004-03-18 23:59 Michael Pacey
From: Michael Pacey @ 2004-03-18 23:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

I've recently started using zsh at home but at work I use korn shell (I
don't have the option of installing zsh unfortunately).

I am happy switching between the two with one niggle. I am a vi user,
and I set EDITOR=vi. When I recall last command, ksh positions my cursor
at the start of the line. This means if, for example, I do:

file somefile

and file tells me its ASCII text, in ksh I can say:

ESC-k d e more

and I'm looking at the file. zsh fores me to say:

ESC-k 0 d e more

I know, it's one character... but this key sequence is ingrained into
me. This is the case even with 'ARGV0=ksh zsh'.

Is there something I can do to make zsh /even more/ like ksh in this one
regard?

Please cc: me in any replies as I am not subscribed to the list.

Many thanks in advance.
--
Michael Pacey <michael@wd21.co.uk>

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-03-19  0:10 UTC | newest]