zsh-users
* suffix alias
@ 2004-11-11 14:28 Thorsten Kampe
From: Thorsten Kampe @ 2004-11-11 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hi,

I have a suffix alias "alias -s py=python". Now I can execute Python
scripts by name that don't have a "she-bang" and aren't executable.
That's great.

But now I noticed that I cannot execute Python scripts anymore that
are placed in my path (/usr/bin for example) because zsh doesn't
search the path anymore for the suffix alias.

Is there a solution for this problem?

Thorsten
--
For instance:
thorsten@cathedral% pwd

That's right - 'rst2html.py' isn't in the current working directory
but in /usr/bin where the install put it.