zsh-users
* somehow offtopic: looping filenames
@ 2012-02-20 18:16 meino.cramer
From: meino.cramer @ 2012-02-20 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hi,

how can I do this in a most compact, direct, and zsh like way:

I habe a loop like this:

for fn *
do
    flac $fn
done

Unfortunately, some file have 'illegal' filenames like

    20120220-_-19db.wav
or
    20120220 sensor10 up.wav

which parts flac sees as unknown commmand options or as
two file and the loop fails.

How do I have to modifiy the loop to make it immune against
such filenames ?

Best regards
mcc