zsh-users
* Globbing documentation
@ 2012-12-10 16:44 Sébastien Leclerc
From: Sébastien Leclerc @ 2012-12-10 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hello,

I am quite confused about the documentation of the extended globbing.

It seems there is a mistake on the page:
http://zsh.sourceforge.net/Intro/intro_2.html

If I believe the results of my tests,

% ls *run<>*
run123  run2    run234  run240  run303

*is WRONG.*

% ls *run<->*
run123  run2    run234  run240  run303

*is the RIGHT command.*

Maybe someone can please correct the typo.

Cheers
Sébastien

* Re: Globbing documentation
@ 2012-12-10 17:16 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2012-12-10 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

On Dec 10,  5:44pm, Sébastien Leclerc wrote:
}
} http://zsh.sourceforge.net/Intro/intro_2.html
}
} % ls *run<>*
} run123  run2    run234  run240  run303
}
} *is WRONG.*

The Intro document on sourceforge is not up to date with respect to the
source.  This typo was fixed on April 25, 2012.  Anyone able to update
the HTMLified copy?

* Re: Globbing documentation
@ 2012-12-13 13:53   ` Simon Ruderich
From: Simon Ruderich @ 2012-12-13 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 09:16:43AM -0800, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> The Intro document on sourceforge is not up to date with respect to the
> source.  This typo was fixed on April 25, 2012.  Anyone able to update
> the HTMLified copy?

It looks like the original .texinfo source, which is required for
the HTML version, is no longer available. By using the .ms
version we can still create the PS/PDF version of the intro.

Any ideas what we should do we the intro's HTML version? Remove
it?

Regards,
Simon
--
+ privacy is necessary
+ using gnupg http://gnupg.org

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 836 bytes --]

* Re: Globbing documentation
@ 2012-12-13 15:32     ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2012-12-13 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

On Dec 13,  2:53pm, Simon Ruderich wrote:
} Subject: Re: Globbing documentation
}
}
} On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 09:16:43AM -0800, Bart Schaefer wrote:
} > The Intro document on sourceforge is not up to date with respect to the
} > source.  This typo was fixed on April 25, 2012.  Anyone able to update
} > the HTMLified copy?
}
} It looks like the original .texinfo source, which is required for
} the HTML version, is no longer available.

I don't think there ever was an original .texinfo source -- it was always
generated from intro.ms.  zsh.texi has been generated from the manual
pages (rather than the intro document) for as far back as I have records.

There must at some point have been a way to convert the .ms to HTML.  It
probably wasn't this --

http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/dorai/troff2page/

-- but perhaps that will work?

--
Barton E. Schaefer

* Re: Globbing documentation
@ 2012-12-13 16:07     ` Oliver Kiddle
From: Oliver Kiddle @ 2012-12-13 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Simon Ruderich wrote:
> > The Intro document on sourceforge is not up to date with respect to the
> > source.  This typo was fixed on April 25, 2012.  Anyone able to update
> > the HTMLified copy?

> Any ideas what we should do we the intro's HTML version? Remove
> it?

The easiest is probably to manually apply the changes made to intro.ms
to the HTML file.

Oliver