zsh-users
* Dynamic completion question
@ 2006-07-24  5:10 Jesse W
From: Jesse W @ 2006-07-24  5:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

I'm working on adding the ability to handle FLAC tags dynamically with
the completion I wrote; I've got something that *mostly* works.

function _metaflac_tags () {
     local foo bar
     foo=$(metaflac $line[1] --export-tags-to=-) #Gets a list of the
tags (and their values)
     bar=("${(@)${(f)foo}%[=]*}") #Cuts the list into an array just of
the tag names (what I want)
     compadd -a bar -X "Existing tags"
}

This is called from:

_arguments '--show-tag=:FLAC tags:_metaflac_tags'

My questions are, first, is this the right way to do this?  Should I
use some utility function instead? (maybe _alternatives or something?)

Second, assuming this *is* the right way to do this, how do I get a
neat looking description line, like I get for all the other argument
completions?  I assume I'm pre-empting it with my call to compadd,
somehow, but I don't understand how this is happening.

Suggestions greatly appreciated!

Jesse Weinstein

only message in thread, other threads:[~2006-07-24  5:44 UTC | newest]