zsh-users
* why is `bare' in bare_glob_qual?
@ 1999-03-10 21:29 Sweth Chandramouli
From: Sweth Chandramouli @ 1999-03-10 21:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ZSH Users

	to what does the "bare" in bare_glob_qual refer?  as
far as i can tell, if bare_glob_qual is set, filename generation
will accept qlob qualifiers, and if it is not set, it will treat
text inside parens in a glob as part of the glob itself; there is,
however, no way that i know of to unset bare_glob_qual and then
use glob qualifiers in some "un-bare" way.  is there?

	-- sweth.

--
Sweth Chandramouli
IS Coordinator, The George Washington University

* Re: why is `bare' in bare_glob_qual?
@ 1999-03-11  6:40 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 1999-03-11  6:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sweth Chandramouli; +Cc: ZSH Users

Sweth Chandramouli writes:
 > 	to what does the "bare" in bare_glob_qual refer?

See zsh_users/1569:

   My intention is that eventually we will have some other, unambiguous,
   glob qualifier syntax, which will be available regardless of
   BARE_GLOB_QUAL.  (We need the capability to disable the current
   qualifier syntax in order to fully emulate ksh glob syntax.)

   -zefram

So "bare" means that they're just sitting there on the end of the pattern,
with no special disambiguating syntax to introduce them.

* Re: why is `bare' in bare_glob_qual?
@ 1999-03-11 17:01   ` Sweth Chandramouli
From: Sweth Chandramouli @ 1999-03-11 17:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ZSH Users

On Wed, Mar 10, 1999 at 10:40:49PM -0800, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> Sweth Chandramouli writes:
>  > 	to what does the "bare" in bare_glob_qual refer?
>
> See zsh_users/1569:
>
>    My intention is that eventually we will have some other, unambiguous,
>    glob qualifier syntax, which will be available regardless of
>    BARE_GLOB_QUAL.  (We need the capability to disable the current
>    qualifier syntax in order to fully emulate ksh glob syntax.)
>
>    -zefram
>
> So "bare" means that they're just sitting there on the end of the pattern,
> with no special disambiguating syntax to introduce them.

	but, as of yet at least, there is no non-bare syntax?  that is,
if bare_glob_qual is turned off, can glob qualifiers still somehow be
used?

	-- sweth.

--

@ 1999-03-11 17:09     ` Andrew Main
From: Andrew Main @ 1999-03-11 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Sweth Chandramouli wrote:
>	but, as of yet at least, there is no non-bare syntax?

Correct.

>	                                                       that is,
>if bare_glob_qual is turned off, can glob qualifiers still somehow be
>used?

No.

-zefram

* RE: why is `bare' in bare_glob_qual?