zsh-users
* Trouble with history
@ 2015-01-31 15:06 Sam Giraffe
From: Sam Giraffe @ 2015-01-31 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hi,

I am having trouble getting zsh backward history search to work from
the zsh history file.
When I type in Ctrl-R, the backward history search works only for the
history items that were typed during the life of the shell.
If I close the shell and open another shell, then the backward history
search resets itself.

My .zsh_history file is only 2,850 bytes, with 104 commands in it.
I need help in getting zsh to read the history file for backward history search.
Below is my zsh configuration file.

~> cat .zshrc
export PATH=/usr/local/bin:$PATH
autoload -Uz compinit && compinit
setopt cdablevars
setopt correct
setopt correctall
setopt autocd
setopt globdots
SAVEHIST=500
HISTFILE=~/.zsh_history
setopt inc_append_history
setopt share_history
setopt extendedglob
setopt notify
PROMPT='%~> '
alias -g ls='ls -GF'
source ~/.oh-my-zsh/plugins/git/git.plugin.zsh

Thank you!