* Announcement: zsh.org DNS migration
@ 2018-10-06 11:43 Daniel Shahaf
From: Daniel Shahaf @ 2018-10-06 11:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

We will be changing the NS records on the "zsh.org" domain shortly.

This is not expected to cause any downtime or service interruption of
any sort, as the old and new servers serve the same data (except the SOA
serial number).  That said, if you notice any irregularities, please
give us a shout at zsh-infra at daniel dot shahaf dot name (temporary
group alias on a non-zsh.org domain, for obvious reasons).

The larger plan here is to migrate from being hosted by Geoff Wing at
primenet.com.au to Phil Pennock.  We thank both Geoff for two decades
(!) of behind-the-scenes support and Phil for his generous help in
bootstrapping our new home.

For reference, the correct DNS records are:

$ dig +noall +answer www.zsh.org. a
zsh.org.		52868	IN	A	203.24.36.104
$ dig +noall +answer zsh.org. mx
zsh.org.		86400	IN	MX	100 mail1.primenet.com.au.
zsh.org.		86400	IN	MX	200 mail2.primenet.com.au.

Cheers,

Daniel

P.S. You will no doubt have noticed that the preliminary discussions on
     this migration weren't public.  That was because we approached
     several third parties to enquire if they would host us, and needed
     to allow them to refuse without losing face in public.  Part of our
     checklist for the migration is to look into setting up a proper zsh-infra@zsh.org
     mailing list in order to increase transparency and distribute the workload.