zsh-users
* Test release: 5.6.2-test-3
       [not found] <C0CF1A8E-FD75-4024-BA4B-0C4D8880FB8D@dana.is>
@ 2019-01-05 22:31 ` Sebastian Gniazdowski
From: Sebastian Gniazdowski @ 2019-01-05 22:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh Users

Shouldn\t the message go to zsh-users instead of zsh-workers? I've
forwarded it, it's below:

From: Daniel Shahaf @ 2019-01-06 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Sebastian Gniazdowski wrote on Sat, 05 Jan 2019 23:31 +0100:
> Shouldn\t the message go to zsh-users instead of zsh-workers? I've
> forwarded it, it's below:

Thanks, and yes, I think the wider audience would be helpful, but at the
same time, we should clarify what guarantees test releases (don't) have.
At Subversion, our release candidate (RC) announcements explicitly (and
somewhat verbosely) say that RC's may have serious bugs and that no
upgrade path is promised:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/trunk/tools/dist/templates/rc-release-ann.ezt

I would assume zsh pre-releases will have similar (non)-promises.  For
example, don't promise that 5.7 will be backwards compatible with 5.6.2-test-
3; only that it'll be compatible with 5.6.2.

Cheers,

Daniel