From: Peter Stephenson <p.stephenson@samsung.com>
To: <zsh-users@zsh.org>
Subject: Re: Zsh as default in Mac OS 15 / zsh "primer"?
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2019 11:05:24 +0100

On Mon, 2019-06-03 at 17:07 -0400, TJ Luoma wrote:
> I've been told that zsh is the default shell in the new version of
> macOS "Catalina".
>
> Someone just asked me if I had a quick primer on why zsh is "better"
> than other shells.
>
> I've never really used others so I don't really know much about it, so
> I wasn't sure what to suggest other than Googling,

The classic introduction to this is the intro.ms file in the Doc directory of
the source.  That goes right back to the earlier days, so doesn't mention
programmable completion, but is a pretty good introduction to why zsh
was different in the first place.

The format it's in shows it's age.  You might be best simply to do something
like

nroff -ms intro.ms| colcrt | uniq >intro.txt

pws

  parent reply index