zsh-users
* su -m on os x
@ 2004-01-17  0:17 Culley Harrelson
From: Culley Harrelson @ 2004-01-17  0:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

In bash I was used to using su -m to preserve my environment but I am
having trouble with this on os x:

su: /usr/local/bin/zsh -l: No such file or directory

reading the su man page:

As a security
precaution, if the target user's shell is a non-standard shell
(as defined by getusershell(3)) and the caller's real uid is non-
zero, su will fail.

I have tried adding /usr/local/bin/zsh to /etc/shells but I guess os x
is looking elsewhere.  Anyone have this set up properly?

I know I should be using sudo but... bleh, too much typing sometimes!

culley

* Re: su -m on os x
@ 2004-01-17  3:53 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2004-01-17  3:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

On Jan 16,  4:17pm, Culley Harrelson wrote:
}
} su: /usr/local/bin/zsh -l: No such file or directory

This looks to me as if you have $SHELL set to the two-word string
"/usr/local/bin/zsh -l".  You can't do that.  $SHELL has to be the
filesystem path to the executable, and ONLY the path.

* Re: su -m on os x
@ 2004-01-17 13:22 ` Aidan Kehoe
From: Aidan Kehoe @ 2004-01-17 13:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Culley Harrelson; +Cc: zsh-users

 Ar an 16ú lá de mí 1, scríobh Culley Harrelson :

 > I know I should be using sudo but... bleh, too much typing sometimes!

"sudo /bin/zsh" preserves its environment fine for me under Panther. And it
doesn't need the root account to exist.

--
I don't care if it rains of freezes/'Long as I got my Plastic Jesus
Riding on the dashboard of my car.