zsh-users
From: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@brasslantern.com>
To: zsh-users@zsh.org, zsh-users@zsh.org
Subject: Re: Can't complete path with hidden .zfs?
Date: Wed, 24 May 2017 12:03:40 -0700	[thread overview]

On May 24,  6:41pm, lilydjwg wrote:
}
} It'll be great if I can use a custom function to decide what to add, so
} I can add .zfs only when it actually exists.

There are two ways you can go here.

If the .zfs mappings don't change very often, you can test at the time
your .zshrc etc. are read and assign to fake-files at that time.

On the other hand if either they change during your shell session or
the check for them is very inexpensive, you can use "zstyle -e" to
have a command executed every time the style is looked up.