zsh-users
* local after setopt allexport?
@ 1996-08-06 19:38 Rik Faith
From: Rik Faith @ 1996-08-06 19:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users; +Cc: faith

Is there a way to keep variables from being exported after setopt
allexport?

With setopt allexport:

proteus /tmp/zsh-3.0-pre6> Src/zsh
proteus% setopt allexport
proteus% typeset +x foo=bar
proteus% typeset -x bar=foo
proteus% Src/zsh
proteus% echo $foo
bar
proteus% echo $bar
foo

Without setopt allexport:

proteus /tmp/zsh-3.0-pre6> Src/zsh
proteus% typeset +x foo=bar
proteus% typeset -x bar=foo
proteus% Src/zsh
proteus% echo $foo

proteus% echo $bar
foo

(No ~/.z* startup files exist.  I couldn't find this in the info pages, the
FAQ, or the mailing list archives (to May 1995).  I'm new to this list, so
if there is some documentation I should have read, please let me know.
Thanks, Rik.)