zsh-users
* More problems installing zsh on x86
@ 1997-04-04 20:30 Steve Talley
From: Steve Talley @ 1997-04-04 20:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users; +Cc: stephen.talley

I'm trying to install zsh 3.1.0 on x86, and get the following errors
after running "make".  I'm using gcc.  I didn't have these errors for
any of the other archs I compiled on.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve

builtin.c: In function `bin_fc':
builtin.c:1563: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
builtin.c: In function `bin_print':
builtin.c:3163: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
exec.c: In function `readoutput':
exec.c:2098: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
hist.c: In function `savehistfile':
hist.c:1484: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
hist.c:1486: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
hist.c:1538: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
init.c: In function `init_shout':
init.c:318: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
init.c: In function `setupvals':
init.c:573: warning: pointer/integer type mismatch in conditional expression
init.c: In function `init_misc':
init.c:703: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
init.c: In function `source':
init.c:739: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
loop.c: In function `execselect':
loop.c:142: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
signals.c: In function `install_handler':
signals.c:70: storage size of `act' isn't known
signals.c:70: warning: unused variable `act'
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `signals.o'
Current working directory /home/talley/src/zsh-3.1.0/Src
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `Src'

* Re: More problems installing zsh on x86
@ 1997-04-04 21:21 ` Zoltan T. Hidvegi
From: Zoltan T. Hidvegi @ 1997-04-04 21:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steve Talley; +Cc: zsh-users, stephen.talley

Steve Talley wrote:
> I'm trying to install zsh 3.1.0 on x86, and get the following errors
> after running "make".  I'm using gcc.  I didn't have these errors for
> any of the other archs I compiled on.  Any ideas?

It seems that you have broken header files which do not have prototype for
fdopen(), struct sigaction etc.  You can either upgrade to Linux or
complain to SUN (which should be easy, as you seem to work for SUN).  But
as I remember others already managed to compile zsh on x86-solaris, so it
is possible that something is broken in your OS setup.

Zoltan