zsh-users
* WATCH
@ 1997-04-17 22:40 Andrew Wheeler
From: Andrew Wheeler @ 1997-04-17 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hi,

A couple of observations/questions with zsh-3.1 on a HP C160
running HP-UX 10.20.

I have the following two lines in my ~/.zshrc

  WATCH=notme
  WATCHFMT="%n has %a tty%l from %M at %@"

messages are turned on for my windows, but I never see any login
notifications.  This problem is new to 3.1 for me (I didn't find any
compile options regarding this, did I miss something?)

-- andrew

* Re: watch
@ 2000-06-17 17:32       ` Joakim Ryden
From: Joakim Ryden @ 2000-06-17 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bart Schaefer; +Cc: zsh-users

I am much obliged.

Joakim

Today at 4:59pm zsh-users-return-3184-jo=forumone.com@sunsite.auc.dk suggested:

=>On Jun 17, 12:46pm, Joakim Ryden wrote:
=>} Subject: Re: watch
=>}
=>} Only little question I have now is what value do you give LOGCHECK to
=>} print who's logged on when the shell first starts?
=>
=>You don't; LOGCHECK only controls how often zsh checks for *change* in
=>the list of users who are logged on.
=>
=>What you want is to put the command
=>
=>	log
=>
=>in your .zlogin file.
=>
=>--
=>Bart Schaefer                                 Brass Lantern Enterprises
=>http://www.well.com/user/barts              http://www.brasslantern.com
=>
=>Zsh: http://www.zsh.org | PHPerl Project: http://phperl.sourceforge.net
=>

|Joakim Ryden                                  |
|jo@forumone.com                               |
|http://www.forumone.com/consult               |
|"Communicate, collaborate, change the world." |

We're always looking for smart and web-savvy people like you!
Learn more at http://www.forumone.com/consult/jobs.htm

* Re: watch
@ 2000-06-17 16:59     ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2000-06-17 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joakim Ryden; +Cc: zsh-users

}

@ 2000-06-17 16:46   ` Joakim Ryden
From: Joakim Ryden @ 2000-06-17 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Clint Adams; +Cc: zsh-users

I was using 3.0.7 on a FreeBSD 4.0-STABLE machine but
upgraded to the devel version (3.1.9) and things worked
great... weird. Only little question I have now is what
value do you give LOGCHECK to print who's logged on when the
shell first starts? I was a mostly tcsh user up until a few
days ago when I realized zsh is superior ;-) and the
functionality I want to duplicate is tcsh's set
watch=(any any) which prints the "who's logged on
message" when the shell starts.

Joakim

Today at 12:15pm clint@harper.simons-rock.com suggested:

=>> I'm trying to get the watch functionality going but can't
=>> seem to get it to work. I've tried
=>> set -A watch all
=>> set watch=all
=>> and a few others - the list is long. :-)
=>> Can someone please point me in the right direction?
=>
=>WATCH=all and watch=all work for me.  What version are you using?
=>

|Joakim Ryden                                  |
|jo@forumone.com                               |
|http://www.forumone.com/consult               |
|"Communicate, collaborate, change the world." |

It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so
ingenious.

* Re: watch
@ 2000-06-17 16:15 ` Clint Adams
From: Clint Adams @ 2000-06-17 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joakim Ryden; +Cc: zsh-users

> I'm trying to get the watch functionality going but can't
> seem to get it to work. I've tried
> set -A watch all
> set watch=all
> and a few others - the list is long. :-)
> Can someone please point me in the right direction?

WATCH=all and watch=all work for me.  What version are you using?

* watch
@ 2000-06-17  6:11 Joakim Ryden
From: Joakim Ryden @ 2000-06-17  6:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hi,
I'm trying to get the watch functionality going but can't
seem to get it to work. I've tried
set -A watch all
set watch=all
and a few others - the list is long. :-)
Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
Joakim

|Joakim Ryden                                  |
|jo@forumone.com                               |
|http://www.forumone.com/consult               |
|"Communicate, collaborate, change the world." |

"I'll rob that rich person and give it to some poor deserving slob.
That will *prove* I'm Robin Hood."
		-- Daffy Duck, "Robin Hood Daffy", [1958, Chuck Jones]