zsh-users
* mail dynamic module
@ 1997-10-20  0:23 Oliver Kiddle
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Oliver Kiddle @ 1997-10-20  0:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

I don't know if any of you are familiar with mush but it is basically a
mail program based on csh and Mail. It has some very cunning and
powerful features but is a bit old, unreliable and very hard to compile.

Anyway, I was thinking that it might be possible to write a zsh dynamic
module which when loaded in gave you all the features of mush but used
the command-line and script handling of zsh.

Does anyone else think that this would be a good idea, have any
suggestions or think they might want to help with writing it?

For more information about mush, see:
http://www.well.com/user/barts/mush.html  and
http://www.undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca/~jomsteve/useful/mush.html

Oliver Kiddle

--
 __
/  \|.   _ _  |_/. _| _|| _     E-mail: opk101@york.ac.uk

* Re: mail dynamic module
@ 1997-10-20  1:52 ` Jason R Mastaler
From: Jason R Mastaler @ 1997-10-20  1:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users, Oliver Kiddle

opk101@york.ac.uk (Oliver Kiddle) writes:

> I don't know if any of you are familiar with mush but it is basically a
> mail program based on csh and Mail. It has some very cunning and
> powerful features but is a bit old, unreliable and very hard to compile.

You might be interested in MUTT then.  MUTT is a MUA that has taken
alot of the features from popular mailers including MUSH, but is under
active development and isn't hard to compile.

For more info:
http://www.cs.hmc.edu/~me/mutt/

________________________________
Jason R. Mastaler <jason@4b.org>

* Re: mail dynamic module
@ 1997-10-21  0:06 ` Andrew J Cosgriff
From: Andrew J Cosgriff @ 1997-10-21  0:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Oliver Kiddle; +Cc: zsh-users

Oliver> I don't know if any of you are familiar with mush but it is basically a
Oliver> mail program based on csh and Mail. It has some very cunning and
Oliver> powerful features but is a bit old, unreliable and very hard to compile.

Oliver> Anyway, I was thinking that it might be possible to write a zsh dynamic
Oliver> module which when loaded in gave you all the features of mush but used
Oliver> the command-line and script handling of zsh.

...which would pretty much equate to using MH, wouldn't it ?

--
 - Andrew J Cosgriff -                                   ajc@bing.wattle.id.au
                                      ==

* Re: mail dynamic module
@ 1997-10-21 19:40 ` Richard Coleman
From: Richard Coleman @ 1997-10-21 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

> Anyway, I was thinking that it might be possible to write a zsh dynamic
> module which when loaded in gave you all the features of mush but used
> the command-line and script handling of zsh.

Thus giving another example of the Principle of Software
Envelopment...

All software expands until it can send and receive e-mail.

--
Richard Coleman
coleman@math.gatech.edu

* Re: mail dynamic module
@ 1997-10-22  3:41   ` Timothy J Luoma
From: Timothy J Luoma @ 1997-10-22  3:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

	Author:        Richard Coleman <coleman@math.gatech.edu>

> Thus giving another example of the Principle of Software
> Envelopment...
>
> All software expands until it can send and receive e-mail.

Resistance is futile, you will be bloated.

TjL