zsh-users
* history question
@ 1998-01-20 22:32 Levente Farkas
From: Levente Farkas @ 1998-01-20 22:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hi,
I'm a zsh newbie, can someone tell me what I have to set inorder to
be able to go back in history to the "yesterday"'s history ? I mean
when I go up in history it's just show the history in current login
(not like in bash).
thanks.

ps. please reply to my email too.

-- Levente

E-Mail:   Levente Farkas <!spam-lfarkas@ohsh.u-szeged.hu>
Homepage: http://www.inf.u-szeged.hu/~lfarkas/
PGP public key & Geek Code: !spam-lfarkas@anna.inf.u-szeged.hu
This message was sent by XF-Mail, Date: 20-Jan-98  Time: 23:28:20

* Re: history question
@ 1998-01-23 14:58 ` Sven Guckes
From: Sven Guckes @ 1998-01-23 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Quoting Levente Farkas (!spam-lfarkas@ohsh.u-szeged.hu):
> [...] What have I to set [...] to get [...] "yesterday"'s history?

Well, tell the ZShell to "save" your history then:

	SAVEHIST
	The maximum number of history events to save in the history file.

related vars:

	HISTFILE
	The file to save the history in when an interactive shell exits.
	If unset, the history is not saved.
	HISTSIZE
	The maximum size of the history list.

> This message was sent by XF-Mail, Date: 20-Jan-98  Time: 23:28:20

This data is in the header no need to duplicate it.  ;-)

> ps. please reply to my email too.

This is a mailing list.  No need to point it out.

> From: Levente Farkas <!spam-lfarkas@ohsh.u-szeged.hu>

I refuse to edit addresses.  If you really want a direct reply
then you will have to give a *valid* address!

Sven