zsh-users
From: Sweth Chandramouli <sweth@astaroth.nit.gwu.edu>
To: zsh-users@math.gatech.edu
Subject: Re: How to get rid of "The mail in ____ has been read." ?
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 11:02:36 -0500	[thread overview]

On Sun, Jan 24, 1999 at 10:14:28PM -0500, Russell Hoover wrote:
[snip]
> My question is, how can I get rid of "The mail in ___ has been read"
> without getting rid of "You have new mail" ?
	from scanning the manpages, it looks like setopt nomailwarning
might be what you are looking for; it might be the exact opposite,
however, since it isn't clear from the docs of the warning message
is the one specified by mailpath (in which case it would turn off
the "you have new mail") or the "the mail in ___ has been read"
message.
	another thing to try might be to unset mailpath entirely
in your .zshrc, and then use a precmd to do the check for you--it's
kind of kludgy, but i've done similar things for checking on the
status of certain important hosts, and it seems to work fine.

	-- sweth.

--
Sweth Chandramouli
IS Coordinator, The George Washington University