zsh-users
* Re: cd directory completion?
@ 1999-08-23 13:26 John Riddoch
From: John Riddoch @ 1999-08-23 13:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dominik.vogt; +Cc: zsh-users

>I'd like to have cd complete directory names as well as
>symlinks that point to directories (zsh-3.0.6). Is there
>a way to do this without writing a completion function?
>(And I don't want to fiddle with any 'chase symlink' setting
>there may be - I like them the way they are).  I couldn't
>find anything appropriate in the man page. If it's not
>possible without a function, has anybody written one and
>can send it to me?

I have:
compctl -g '*(-/)' + -g '.*(-/)' -v cd pushd rmdir
in my .zshrc file and it works fine for me, completing between dirs and
symlinks to dirs and ignoring files.  I think I got it from www.dotfiles.com

>P.S.: please CC me on replies, I'm not on the list.

Well, you probably should be...

--
John Riddoch	Email: jr@scms.rgu.ac.uk	Telephone: (01224)262721
Room C6, School of Computer and Mathematical Science

* Re: cd directory completion?
@ 1999-08-23 14:07 Sven Wischnowsky
From: Sven Wischnowsky @ 1999-08-23 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users; +Cc: Dominik Vogt

Dominik Vogt wrote:

> Um, I think that's not the correct syntax, at least not for
> 3.0.6:
>
>   # compctl -/ cd
>   compctl: bad option: -/

Oops, I though that got added to 3.0.6, too. Sorry.

Bye
 Sven

* Re: cd directory completion?
@ 1999-08-23 13:26 Sven Wischnowsky
From: Sven Wischnowsky @ 1999-08-23 13:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users; +Cc: Dominik Vogt

Dominik Vogt wrote:

> I'd like to have cd complete directory names as well as
> symlinks that point to directories (zsh-3.0.6). Is there
> a way to do this without writing a completion function?
> (And I don't want to fiddle with any 'chase symlink' setting
> there may be - I like them the way they are).  I couldn't
> find anything appropriate in the man page. If it's not
> possible without a function, has anybody written one and
> can send it to me?

The simplest solution: compctl -/ cd

For more, see the `compctl-examples' file or the examples at
http://www.zsh.org.

Bye
 Sven

* cd directory completion?
@ 1999-08-23 13:22 Dominik Vogt
From: Dominik Vogt @ 1999-08-23 13:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

I'd like to have cd complete directory names as well as
symlinks that point to directories (zsh-3.0.6). Is there
a way to do this without writing a completion function?
(And I don't want to fiddle with any 'chase symlink' setting
there may be - I like them the way they are).  I couldn't
find anything appropriate in the man page. If it's not
possible without a function, has anybody written one and
can send it to me?

Bye

Dominik ^_^

P.S.: please CC me on replies, I'm not on the list.

--
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany