Here's something I've been wondering about - can I get zsh to perform menu completion of glob patterns that match exactly the end of a string? For example: % zsh -f % setopt glob_complete noalwayslastprompt noautolist % ls file.10 file.11 file.20 file.21 % vi file*1<^D> file.11 file.21 % vi file*1 -> % vi file.11 I'm thinking this would be like glob_complete: GLOB_COMPLETE When the current word has a glob pattern, do not insert all the words resulting from the expansion but generate matches as for completion and cycle through them like MENU_COMPLETE. The matches are generated as if a `*' is added to the end of the word or inserted at the cursor if COMPLETE_IN_WORD is set. Since this doesn't use globbing, it works not only for files but for all com- pletions, such as options, user names, etc. but _without_ the trailing '*'? -- Will Day OIT / O&E / Technical Support willday@rom.oit.gatech.edu Georgia Tech, Atlanta 30332-0715 -> Opinions expressed are mine alone and do not reflect OIT policy <- Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin, Pennsylvania Assembly, Nov. 11, 1755